Under supervision, the Quartermaster is responsible for the management of the Allied Universal's department’s equipment and supply function, to include issuing equipment, uniforms, and other supplies to department personnel, identifying and evaluating security equipment solutions, making equipment and supply purchases, and maintaining inventory records. The Quartermaster orders and maintains records and inventory of all security related equipment, materials and supplies, for all campus locations. The quartermaster also assists administrative personnel with the oversight and inventory of other department assets as needed.
Must be knowledgeable in all company policies, procedures, and Microsoft Office platforms.
- As directed by administrative staff, works with vendors and obtains quotes for department equipment and supplies, including uniforms, office supplies, new build equipment/retrofitting, and any other special purchase requests. Assists administrative staff with equipment and supply budget administration.
- Requests equipment for test and evaluation for possible purchase; assists in the evaluation of products and supplies for the department; obtains management approval for any purchases as needed;
- Analyzes past expenditures, expected needs, and future cost projections in order to develop detailed input into equipment budget development;
- Reviews year-to-date spending reports and monitors performance against annual budget monthly, recommending adjustments as necessary to achieve a desired balance at the end of the budget cycle;
- Works to ensure the most cost-effective alternatives are identified when planning expenditures.
- As directed by administrative staff, coordinates the installation of equipment throughout the buildings, campuses, vehicles, or other designated locations as requested.
- Orders and maintains the inventory of all department equipment and supplies, including to whom it is assigned and where it is located. Also arranges for the service, repair and maintenance of department equipment.
- Maintains a supply of uniforms, duty gear, portable radios, and other equipment that officers and other staff need for their daily work function;
- Works with newly hired officers/staff to issue uniform and duty gear needs, issues same and maintains equipment issued inventory; instructs officers about what items they are authorized to order on-line; measures/fits employees for uniforms;
- Shops locally for the department for disposables and office supplies, including caution tape, batteries, and other miscellaneous items; typically picks up and delivers supplies as necessary;
- May pick up and deliver equipment to campuses;
- Obtains bids for larger expenditures;
- Ensures all purchases hit the appropriate Purchase Order accounts for client billing purposes;
- Tracks equipment warranty and service schedules and arranges for replacement, service, or repair as needed;
- Orders, stocks, and maintains the forms used by the department.
- Ensures biohazard cleaning is done for officer uniforms and equipment as needed.
- Reconciles credit card statements for purchasing supplies and materials.
- Communicates and maintains working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
- Frequently interacts with clients and coworkers in the department to exchange detailed and/or technical information;
- Frequently interacts with vendors to exchange detailed and/or technical information.
- Must communicate promptly and in a professional manner at all times
- Performs all job duties in compliance with safety guidelines and with an ongoing awareness of safety practices.
- Knows and follows department rules as well as uses sound work and safety practices in order to accomplish the job objectives and avoid injury or loss;
- Wears proper protective equipment when policy requires, or conditions indicate a need exists, and utilizes proper body mechanics and ergonomics while performing work;
- When potentially unsafe conditions are observed, makes efforts to avoid or correct them if they are controllable and draws them to the attention of the responsible supervisor or safety representative in a timely manner.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues and Department information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Additional Responsibilities and Skills:
- Gather information and conduct research as required.
- Prepares uniform and equipment stock for large scale event/emergency staffing.
- Keep clients, campus managers, and designated personnel updated on equipment levels with a weekly purchasing report.
- Track and maintain security equipment inventories.
- Assist in the design and implementation of projects related to Quartermaster role.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Ability to present statistics and results to client and management staff.
- Effective prioritization of a heavy work load and to delegate accordingly.
- Problem solving abilities with highest adherence to ethics
- Must have the ability to work responsively and cooperatively with Facebook Security and Safety Management
- Deal positively with rapid change
- Extensive knowledge of security purchasing practices
- Ability to work under limited supervisor and make independent decisions
- Keen Prioritization
- Willing to accept feedback to improve/enhance performance
Education Required: HS Diploma X Associates Degree___ BS/BA____
Is experience in a specific field or market required? Yes
- The chose candidate shall have a minimum of 24 months of previous administrative support experience, involving the recording and dissemination of information, property storage responsibility, asset management/inventory, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills;
- General knowledge of standard security systems and equipment needs
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
- Financial / mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for local licensing.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Most work is performed in a normal office environment. About 60% of the work is performed at the desk. Daily work often involves moving between buildings and rooms. Occasional local driving is required to pick up or deliver material.
Activities include, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing/listening, and seeing/observing, exerting up to 50 points of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.