Allied Universal is hiring an Instructional Designer that will design and update instructor-led courses, SCORM-compliant eLearning courses authored in Articulate 360 and technical screencasts/videos, while focusing on providing the highest quality security and management development programs for Allied Universal employees.
- Incorporate adult learning theories in the development and design of training programs in a variety of media, to meet the demands of AlliedUniversal’s employees. Develop learning solutions for moderate impact projects.
- Work with Sr. Instructional Designer to support VP of Training and Organization Effectiveness, corporate support resources and operations leaders at all levels to assess training needs and evaluate the best training method to address those needs.
- Update existing courses in Articulate 360/PowerPoint/InDesign for AlliedUniversal EDGE (Exceed LMS by Intellum).
- Researches for content and industry innovations for new course development and eLearning assets (graphics, fonts, templates, audio, video, etc.)
- Meet weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly objectives as set by the Vice President of Learning & Organizational Effectiveness.
- Develop technical training content for new initiatives as needed, especially as they relate to the introduction and rollout of new technology (for example, Recruiting, IT, Government Services accounts or National Accounts clients).
- Manage the graphics of the department’s intranet SharePoint site.
- Occasional voiceover for videos developed.
- Keep thorough and accurate notes and records
- Keep current on security industry trends as well as best-practices related to training program design and assessment
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Performance Technology or 3-4 years of equivalent experience. In addition, we seek the following:
- Experienced in Articulate 360.
- Experienced in Camtasia (or other video producing software equivalent like Premiere, AfterEffects).
- PowerPoint/MS Office proficiency
- Experience working with a learning management system is preferred
- Graphic design experience is preferred with knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience with Powtoons and/or Vyond is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as requested based on business demands
- Capable of relating to individuals at all levels of the organization and from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Excellent verbal, written, proofreading and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and to help identify and solve problems
- Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions and handle stressful timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues as well as with customers and vendors
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- Ability to facilitate training presentations/seminars is a plus but not a requirement