ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Inspections and quality control measurements for various commercial high-rise office facilities to insure customer satisfaction and contract compliance
- Ability to respond to requests from building owners/managers for various maintenance and special clean-up services
- Training of new janitorial personnel; ability to demonstrate proper cleaning procedures and proper use of environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Daily supervision of janitorial personnel as well as ability to complete performance evaluations and provide recommendations on hiring and dismissals
- Ordering and usage tracking of janitorial cleaning and equipment supplies
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous Janitorial Supervisor experience required (3 years minimally)
- Driver’s License required
- Bi-lingual in Spanish reading and writing (strongly preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication & computer skills
- Strong customer service skills and employee relation skills
- Experienced in managing budgets, labor schedules, and asset tracking
- Must be willing to undergo background screening & drug test
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.