ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Communicate with stakeholders (Regional Training Manager, Field operations, Security Professionals, Supervisors, Field and Corporate Training, and Clients).
- Deliver field training programs in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
- Conduct Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms) training;
- Conduct Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway) training.
- Conduct field training for Security Professionals and Supervisors.
- Deliver fire safety services (occupant, floor warden, and staff presentations; and evacuation drills), and other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training.
- Identify, vet, and establish relationships with local training academies for support when required.
- Work with operational partners (Human Resource Coordinators/Branch Managers) to develop practical training programs at the branch level to comply with contractual and regulatory training.
- Conduct special projects on an as-needed basis to support the region.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable. Certification in security, safety or training field desirable.
- Candidate must possess, or be in the process of securing NRA Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor Certification. Certification required within 90 days of placement.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the fire service, security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly desired. Experience in security operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required. Willingness to travel as needed.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep on track with required information available at all times.
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all responsibilities are completed on time.
- Ability to write manuals, review and respond to written requests for proposals, training documents, and prepare extensive presentations is required. Must be highly proficient and fully functional in Microsoft programs such as Word and PowerPoint are essential, and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including PDAs, Outlook and internet applications.
- Ability to deliver specific training programs in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards; CPR/First Aid/AED; Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms); Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway); Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens and staff presentations; and evacuation drills); provide other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
- Must customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in the normal course of day-to-day activities to schedule appointments in order to carry out responsibilities.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, written and electronic correspondence and documents.
- The employee must constantly walk, reach with hands and arms, and use good eyesight and mental capacity to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps.
- Ability to clearly speak, read, and write English is required, including ability to write plans and reports in a clear, understandable manner. Must be able to clearly communicate ideas and concepts to effectively conduct training.
- The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to travel, up to 2 weeks per month, depending on field demands and continued company growth.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.