Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories!
Summary: The Field Service Technician will work closely with the Customer Service Manager, Account Managers, Service Coordinators, and Operations Coordinators in making decisions about the field operations and installation of new systems for Allied Universal Security Systems.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Installation of Access Control, CCTV, Alarm, Fire, and Parking systems;
• Communicates with customer during the installation process and status of the job, schedule changes, delays, RFI's, systems testing;
• Attends construction meetings;
• Ensures assigned installations are completed on-time and within budget;
• Maintains and submits accurate paperwork and documentation;
• Installs conduit, coring, or trenching;
• Installs/pulls cable and wire;
• Mounts panels, field devices, computers, power supplies;
• Programs, sets up, and tests systems;
• Testing and inspections.
Qualified applicants for the Field Service Technician position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
• High school degree or equivalent required;
• 5+ years of CCTV, Alarm, Fire and Access Control installation experience;
• Must have experience with a few of the following: AMAG, Lenel, S2, TruPortal, Exacq and Dvtel;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Deadline driven and detail oriented;
• Clean driving record.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports.
• The employee must constantly walk, reach with hands and arms, and drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps.
• The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time.
• The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
• The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
• Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 150,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.