Allied Universal is currently hiring a Support Service Manager to oversee all Human Resources functions, Recruiting, Training and Specialty programs and ensuring the highest levels of client satisfaction. The successful Support Service Manager will achieve goals and objectives, ensure the highest level of Branch Staff, retain quality clients by providing excellent customer service, build and retain profitable business growth and hire and develop strong talent.
Primary responsibilities for the Support Service Manager:
- Reporting into the Branch Manager on a solid-line basis and provide day to day HR/Recruiting/Training/Specialty programs oversight and support for client site; with a dotted line to the Northwest Regional HR Director, VP of Recruiting for the West Division and the Northwest Regional Training Manager.
- Set an example as a leader with a management style that encourages participation and ownership by all, along with a continuous focus on execution, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial management
- Conduct all business with the highest of ethical and professional standards while assuring maintaining client bill rates and overseeing billbacks
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior management at the account; key region and corporate functions and counterparts across the organization
- Support and execute Performance Management and Talent Management programs and initiatives for all assigned personnel in accordance with company policy and expected standards.
- Maintain oversight for field auditing and compliance. May include management of Human Resource staff to conduct quarterly field audits of branch HR staff operations, internal auditing procedures, and other processes to ensure company standards and legal requirements are being followed (such as I-9 compliance, Winteam and HR record keeping/maintenance, and other similar processes).
- Support Regional HR Director and Legal on sensitive investigations.
- Identify training and development needs Managers, HR Manager and Recruiters.
- Oversee employee relations and claims management activities throughout designated area, assuring that investigations are handled and documented.
- Direct all Recruiter activities and ensure:
- Approved recruitment process is followed for improved time to fill.
- Adequate number of qualified candidates are identified and screened.
- Creative sourcing tactics are used on a weekly basis.
- College, Diversity, Military and other targeted recruiting tactics are deployed
- Community Sources are set up and provide hires on a consistent basis.
- Wage Subsidy programs are found and utilized as appropriate.
- District Staff meetings are conducted on a weekly basis.
- Weekly recruitment reports are pulled from iCIMS and used as a management tool to target critical accounts and recruitment efforts.
- New recruiters and recruitment support staff are hired and trained appropriately.
- Partner with VP of Recruiting in region for high level recruiting oversite and company initiatives.
- Conduct all business with the highest of ethical and professional standards
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and data
- Keep records and prepare accurate and timely feedback / reports as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of human resource/recruiting managerial experience required, including direct responsibility for employee relations/recruiting. Experience with operations and union environments highly preferred, as well as related experience in the service industry and/or oversight in organization with high-volume entry-level workforce
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly effective written and oral delivery
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior leadership, peers, subordinates, internal resources and clients
- Proven track record of developing and engaging people to achieve superior results. Passionate about coaching and development
- Proven success in hiring the best talent and effectively managing team performance
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform employee investigations
Key Competencies: integrity, problem solving, conflict management, time management, customer focus, timely decision making, motivating and directing others, drive for results.