This position is responsible for engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of our clients’ computer systems, networks and information. The Security Systems Engineer will also monitor all security project plans to ensure our standard of practices are well represented.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Obtains physical security requirements that are unique to the business unit, operations, and the facility, as well as any regulatory requirements—and includes these requirements into the security system design.
- Develops understanding of industry-wide physical security practices relative to systems planning and design, codes, architectural measures (e.g., CPTED), and operational guidelines.
- Understands and communicates the security scope of work and how it relates to the overall project team. Coordinates, schedules, and secures CAD resources (via a vendor) for production of all security plans/drawings. AutoCAD drawing creations or revisions as outlined by appropriate requests to meet the customers’ needs and support the sales and operations teams.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate appropriate planning documents including project plans, scope documents, SOW’s, schedules, etc.
- Communicates concepts, design recommendations, and project overviews to end users and security vendors during planning and schematic phases of work.
- Reviews project drawings and specifications and coordinates revisions and modifications as required. Escalate issues (equipment delays, response times, etc.) to the appropriate department, individual, or provider including management personnel.
- Collaborate with other groups and departments directly to ensure a successful project.
- Provide costing estimates and site surveys as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, with minimum two-year degree or professional certification highly desired; Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of System Engineering experience in a fast-paced service organization required; Prior experience in the security or other service related industry, law enforcement and/or military highly desired.
- Experience using computer-aided drafting (CAD) systems to prepare or revise engineering drawings is required.
- Domain knowledge/expertise in the commercial security industry is a plus particularly in the area of customer service and installations.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.