Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and executing the installation of CCTV, access control, and burg/fire systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Once assigned a Work Order and/or service ticket, responsible for executing and supporting the following tasks with the assistance of the Operations Coordinator:
o Communication with customer during the entire installation process. Keep the customer informed on the project at all times this includes this includes job status, updates, schedule changes, delays, RFI’s, coordination of acceptance testing with the following:
o Attend construction meetings and coordination meetings.
o Ensures assigned installations are completed on-time and within budget.
• Maintains and submits accurate paperwork and documentation:
o Time sheets
o Field Change Order forms
o Close-out packets
o Credit Card Reporting
o Test & Inspection forms
o Identifies Punch-list items and directs and/or handles making these corrections.
• Responsible for completing installation and service of supported systems. This includes Access Control, CCTV, Alarm, Fire, and Parking Systems.
• Installation may include any of the following tasks:
o Installing conduit, coring, or trenching
o Installing / pulling cable and wire
o Mounting panels, field devices, computers, power supplies, etc.
o Termination and connection of wires
o Programming, set-up, testing of systems
o Testing and inspections
o Service may include any of the following tasks:
o Troubleshooting of systems
o Replacing components and devices that are no longer functional.
• Coordination with other trades to facilitate the service call.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma (or equivalent) required, minimum two-year degree and/or professional certification highly desired;
• Must have work experience with a few of the following: AMAG, S2, Lenel, OpenEye, Prism Video, Dvtel or Truportal;
• Minimum 3+ years of IT and/or industry-related experience;
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines;
• Must be highly organized and able to keep executive on track with required information available at all times;
• Current State’s driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required;
• Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including Outlook and internet applications;
• Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
• Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence;
• Must be able to work overtime as needed;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports;
• The employee must constantly walk, reach with hands and arms, and drive a vehicle;
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps;
• The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time;
• The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift;
• The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities;
• Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.