Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for production and maintenance of accurate and timely financial statements prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP. Position plays an active and key role in managing costs, preparing financial analysis, and identifying/implementing areas of process improvement within accounting as well as oversight of the Billing, Payables and Inventory. Additionally, Controller is responsible for compliance reporting, including sales tax returns, licensing, and governmental reporting. Demonstrated experience with full cycle accounting duties including, but not limited to, accounting, reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. The ability to record journal entries and conduct month-end activities and reconciliations. Experience producing a balance sheet, cash flow and income statement financial statements in a timely fashion. Provide necessary information to the auditor for completion of the annual audit.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
• Responsible for all day-to-day accounting and financial functions for the Business Unit; including but not limited to general accounting, cost accounting, account reconciliations, financial and operational reporting, internal controls, financial statement analysis, physical inventories, budgeting and forecasting.
• Provide excellent business partnering with Operations and Sales leadership through analysis, assessment, idea generation, root cause analysis, counter measure development, and driving accountability for results.
• Prepare, analyze, reconcile and book all Corporate transaction in local General Ledger
• Provide financial analysis for measuring financial and operating performance, report accurately, and participate in counter measure activities with respect to various activities of the business
• Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages to Corporate Finance
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of all jobs. Assist Project Managers with job cost-to-complete projections
• Review, enter and submit/upload payroll data to Corporate Payroll System and business unit project cost ledger
• Manage Accounts Payable team and ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Manage Accounts Receivable team and ensure that payments are received in a timely manner
• Developing and maintaining the internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
• Responsible for managing external audit processes.
• Manage and Interact with IT on all ERP related matters which directly or indirectly impacts the General Ledger module.
• Prepare and File required documents and make payments with governmental agencies like Sales Tax, County Business License, etc.
• Manage COI request, Credit Applications and D&B Requests
• Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• College degree in accounting or finance from a 4-year accredited institution. CPA or MBA is a big plus.
• Minimum 6-10 years progressive accounting experience.
• Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
• Experience in the construction/service industry accounting with strong cost accounting skills
• Strong analytical skills
• A/R, A/P, Inventory, and General Ledger experience and knowledge of cost account principles
• Ability to interpret and present financial information to non-financial managers for decisions and actions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information
• Strong work ethic, self-starter, team player, detail-oriented
• Ability to work to a deadline – exceptional time management skills.
• Advanced Excel skills and good working knowledge of other MS Office and accounting software and databases
• Knowledge of Crystal Reports, SQL or Oracle Hyperion a plus
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 150,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.