Allied Universal's Corporate East HQ is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Manager in Conshohocken, PA. The Strategic Sourcing Manager has operational and strategic level responsibility for several companywide programs, including; Travel, Uniform Purchase, Rental and Leasing, Equipment Leasing, Printer/Copier Leasing, Office and General Supplies, Vehicle Leasing and Real-Estate administration/projects. The position has long term strategy level decision making responsibilities in each area along with management level responsibilities on a day to day basis.
Manage ProcureIT Database
- Responsible for the review and placement of companywide purchase orders.
- Administrative maintenance of the ProcureIT Database.
- Reviews, audits and approves new vendors that are to be added to system.
- Member of the implementation team responsible for new modules or updates to the ProcureIT system.
Oversee Cost Reductions and Quality Assurance
- Continuously source alternatives and cost saving measures.
- Evaluate bids; provide business analysis and presents findings to Director of Strategic Sourcing.
- Reports on results of cost saving measures.
- Meets with suppliers for review of customer service levels and negotiating best price.
- Facilitates AUS Sourcing strategy and ensures that suppliers meet Allied Universal’s business objectives.
- Maintains relationships with existing vendors and qualifies all new vendors added to database.
- Works with Corporate Departments on projects that decrease cost and improve service levels.
- Liaison with external customers to ensure product standards and customer service levels.
Manage Companywide Travel and Uniform Program
- Responsible for the company travel program including companywide compliance, cost savings initiatives, fiscal responsibility, vendor management, performance management, contract management and all administrative functions. Includes supervision and management of Strategic Sourcing Specialist
- Manage Primary and Secondary Uniform Vendors including performance management, service quality, product quality, and communications with all levels of operating, sales, retail, government, and national accounts management.
- Forecast and Performance Management for equipment vendors (i.e. holsters, ballistic vests, first aid kits, belts, shoes, and other specialty uniforms etc….)
- Acquisition Integration coordination for new and existing offices/branches
- Billing Validation/Process Integrity
- Metric Development
Equipment Leasing/ Companywide Print Program/ General Supplies
- Companywide responsibility for equipment leasing including copiers and postage machines
- Responsible for both copier and postage machine contracts along with unit cost savings management. Contract management includes vendor performance management, quality supervision, communications with various levels of Operations Team, coordination of unit locations/transfers, and contract bids as appropriate
- Ensures only properly vetted materials are included in program; significant communication needed with HR, Marketing, and Training
- Monitors print use and ensures significant spend flows through the central print program
- Must stay current on print technology and programs to ensure AUS stays on the cutting edge of quality/economical print programs
- Responsible for companywide supply program including vendor performance management, unit costs, and delivery.
- RFP responsibilities as needed
Vehicle Leasing/ Real Estate Administration/Projects
- Support internal Sourcing team on cost saving initiatives
- Responsible for day to day transactions and Fuel Program
- Provide support to Director on Construction Projects
- Responsible for Lease administration/abstracting; Includes supervision and management of Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Strategic Sourcing Buyer
- Sole Buyer for the organization
- Final approver on all company requisitions
- Assigns PO’s to the appropriate Vendor
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant buying or strategic sourcing experience. In addition, we require the following skills:
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Highly skilled negotiator with demonstrated talent influencing the opinions of others.
- Supply market research and data analysis to facilitate data driven decisions.
- Proven ability to adeptly manage change, make sound decisions, and work across boundaries.
- Ability to work in a structured project environment. MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) purchasing / sourcing experience.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.