Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
Summary: This position is responsible for managing employee relations and other generalist responsibilities for Corporate East and West, by partnering with management on all human resource related activities.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Generates offer letter packages as well as promotional offers;
• Prepares accurate new employee personnel records, files, drug and alcohol screening, and background investigation results and ensure compliance with all state and federal laws;
• Conducts employee new hire orientations and on-boarding;
• Researches and conducts employee investigations and develops solutions;
• Provides guidance of policies in relation to disciplinary actions, employee terminations, leaves, and other HR issues according to state laws within which we operate business;
• Demonstrates skills in consensus-building and mediation in order to constructively address employee conflicts;
• Maintains inter-and intradepartmental work flow by providing information to and cooperating with co-workers;
• Serves as a resource for all Corporate employees - available and accessible to discuss all human resource related issues;
• Advises on employment statutes, rules, regulations, and policies affecting employees;
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to all levels of Corporate staff as well as outside officials and agencies, expressing ideas and instructions clearly and concisely;
• Organizes and works independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and completes assignments within specific deadlines.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area of study highly preferred. Minimum high school diploma (or equivalent GED) with some college level business related coursework required;
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in human resources field, with specific experience managing and successfully resolving complex employee and/or labor relations situations in a fast-paced, high volume environment required;
• Specific related experience managing the receipt, investigation, documentation, resolution and communication of employee relations cases of a varied nature for managerial level employees - includes policy interpretation and ability to consistently apply policies and practices;
• Proven experience turning goals into action by creating and executing strategies and plans to achieve objectives;
• Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines;
• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, but also take direction from all levels of Corporate managers, which may result in having to re-prioritize work activities on a regular basis;
• Must be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications;
• Should have solid comfort level with integrating multiple applications to streamline operations through technology solutions as well as to create meaningful reports and measurements;
• Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
• Must have the flexibility and ability to travel periodically/regularly, depending on company needs, with some overnight travel required;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.