Allied Universal is currently seeking an Physical Security Systems Engineer. Applicant must have the following to qualify:
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage cross-functional Security and Employee & Workplace Solutions projects
• Provide hands-on project management during all phases of the project lifecycle with an emphasis on communication to project sponsors, stakeholders and project teams
• Collaborate with technical teams to develop and maintain end-to-end project plans, ensuring on-time delivery. This may include writing requirements, use and test cases as well as support and escalation plans
• Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and technologies
• Prioritize projects based on impact level and leverage data to drive prioritization decisions
• Communicate progress to plan on projects to Program Manager, Systems Managers on a regular basis, ensuring that team members are kept up to date on the health and status of the project
• Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck, providing day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for project and tasks
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Document issue resolution using the existing work order system.
• Collaborate with local IT team as well as outside vendors as needed.
• Assist with creating training materials for new applications, assisting with product roll-outs, and participating in application enhancement projects.
• Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
• Work with databases (SQL Writing scripts, updating tables).
• Develop application using HTML, C#, C++, JAVA.
• Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Work with analytics and reporting applications.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience working on physical security/infrastructure implementation projects
• 5+ years’ experience in system, infrastructure, or application administration in an IT/ Physical security environment
• Experience with Biometric Readers, Intrusion Detection and Perimeter Alarms
• Ability to understand moderate to advance operations of low voltage alarm, CCTV, access control, communication systems and other technology
• Ability to understand floor plans, diagrams, and schematics
• Security/IT related certifications
• Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to read and understand floor plans, diagrams, and system schematics
• Experience in relationship building and collaboration with cross-functional teams
• Experience in SQL programming and design, database management
• Knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies
• Knowledge of mobile applications and development
• Experience with Security processes and procedures
• Professional demeanor and excellent customer service capabilities
• Ability to work independently while also being a team player
• Local and distant travel occasionally required.
Educational Background and Experience:
• A minimum of an Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years security/IT related work experience
• Access Control System (CCure 9000).
• Video Management System.
• Visitor Management System.
• Incident & Dispatch Management System.
• Must be physically able to lift to 30 pounds.
• Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.