Purpose of Role:
This is a classical Business-to-Business (B2B) marketing position in a fast-paced organization, primarily supporting our Business Development, Vertical Markets, Sales Effectiveness, Human Resources, Operations, and Recruiting departments. The Marketing Department at Allied Universal is responsible for diverse goals including lead generation and nurturing for new business, brand building, customer retention and cross-selling, employee recruitment and retention, and online reputation management.
The Marketing Manager, reporting to the VP Marketing, is responsible for the development and execution of B2B marketing plans, strategies and tactics in support of varied business goals, such as those as described above. This is an “individual contributor” role (i.e. no direct reports).
- Ideate, develop and lead marketing programs for both existing and new initiatives aligned with assigned goals. Tasks include situational business assessment to guide strategic planning, creation of marketing plans (with budgets, tactics and timelines), and executing plan elements to achieve target Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Conduct post-program analysis to review results against objectives, including lead volume, cost-per-lead and cost-per-sale.
- Initiate, build relationships and support Business Development, Sales Effectiveness, Operations, Human Resources, Vertical Markets, and Recruitment departments with thought leadership around various marketing initiatives.
- Conduct competitive analysis and other market research including secondary sources (e.g. web) and primary studies to guide decision making.
- Prepare PowerPoint marketing presentations and present to Senior Management.
- Direct and oversee marketing vendor relationships, including creative and digital marketing agencies, freelance writers and graphic artists, printers, market researchers, and promotional products supplier.
- Manage content development and overall content marketing efforts to promote thought leadership across key vertical industries. Develop content marketing strategy and editorial calendar. Assess needs and work with security industry and vertical (e.g. higher education) subject-matter experts to create content that resonates with various audiences. Write creative briefs prior to any creative development. Content needs vary, but can include sales collateral, white papers, website content, blog posts, webinars, PowerPoint sales presentations and advertisements. Be an individual content “creator” (writer) as well as a content “producer” (working with outside resources) and/or “curator” as needed.
- Oversee promotional item and literature program. Manage inventory, invoicing and procurement processes. Assist with special orders and projects as needed.
- Provide support for the company’s digital experience. Help support online presence and user experience for both internal and external websites on a local and national level. Develop, direct and implement website strategy in a way that generates sales leads and interest for our brand, our company and our services. Includes leading new web initiatives, search engine optimization (SEO), Paid Search campaigns (PPC) and management of web vendor relationships. Provide regular reporting via Google Analytics and recommendations for improvement.
- Pitch in, as needed, to support other Marketing team members on projects and activities.
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing (prefer Marketing major)
- Minimum of 5+ years marketing experience in B2B Marketing, principally, on the client side. Some agency experience acceptable, provided this is combined with at least 3 years of corporate, B2B marketing department experience including lead generation and content marketing.
- Experience with digital marketing (content strategy, UX/UI, web analytics, SEO, PPC, etc.) strongly preferred.
Other Requirements or Competencies:
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail and solid proofreading abilities.
- Experience developing and/or managing brand building, thought leadership and lead generation content for a wide of media channels: Website, email, events & sponsorships, PR/Publicity, trade shows, social media, collateral, advertising (digital and offline), direct mail, webinars, video, white papers, etc.
- Comfortable with data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Ability to take projects from planning stages to implementation and collaborate with other roles and departments.
- Proven experience leading marketing professionals and building relationships. Team player that is adept at both leading and being a contributor/part of a team.
- Creative and flexible and willing to adapt to new situations, processes and directions.
- Possesses a strong proficiency in communication (written and verbal), be well organized, able to multi-task, and be computer savvy (MS Office suite).