The Field Service Technician will work closely with the Account Manager and client contact in making decisions about the field operations and installation of new systems for the client site. The Field Service Technician will provide support including, but not limited to: installation, programming, and troubleshooting for the security systems’ hardware and software to support the client. This position requires phone support and field work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain and program security end devices throughout client facilities to include, but not limited to Access Control, CCTV, Alarm, Fire, and Parking systems (such as card reader, door hardware, turnstiles, intrusion detection devices, communication systems, radio systems, cameras, recording equipment, and high security locking systems)
- Troubleshoot and manage process to repair security device/system issues failures and document findings for analysis
- Troubleshoot excessive alarms, coordinate repairs as necessary, and develop solutions to reoccurring nuisance alarms
- Perform routine device field testing, inspections, and preventive maintenance of the Security Systems (Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion Detection, etc.) and report accurately to the customer
- Respond to service requests with an action plan and completion date, in a timely manner
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Communicates with customer during the installation process and status of the job, schedule changes, delays, RFI's, systems testing;
- Work with installation electricians, carpenters, and/or other contractors on new equipment installations
- Work in close collaboration with Security Management/Operations, IT, Safety and Facilities teams
- Responsible for the implementation and daily operation support of the client’s Security Physical Security Systems (PACS, software application, CCTV, etc.)
- Program and commission the access control and CCTV hardware and software
- Field confirm installation of security devices to the correct specifications and functionality
- Maintain IS2000 system desktops and servers to include change out, inventory, updates and maintenance
- Work with hardware and software suppliers to keep IS2000 servers, workstations, controller panels, programming, and firmware updated
- Verify IS2000 server status to ensure all panels are communicating and provide regular updates to client’s management team.
- Attends construction meetings
- Maintains and submits accurate paperwork and documentation;
- Place service calls to vendors and coordinate as necessary
- Follow safety guidelines as outlined, comply with OSHA requirements and apply knowledge to identify safe/unsafe work practices
- Remain flexible in work schedule to work various shifts if needed.
- Complete special duties/projects as assigned
- Maintain on‐going communication to keep management informed of any/all issues
- Assist in the development of security systems specifications for new and/or upgrade of equipment for the improvement of SCJ’s security as requested
- Assist in providing written reports relating to Security System activity as requested
- Assist with testing new applications and technology for implementation
- Work with Global Security Management to support global standardization
- Maintain an in‐depth knowledge of the state‐of‐the‐art security equipment standards and technology encompassing all physical security products
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience preferred.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of CCTV, Alarm, Fire and Access Control installation experience;
- Previous experience installing, programming and troubleshooting access control and IP CCTV systems.
- Able to use and interpret basic test equipment (digital multimeter)
- Must be willing to carry a mobile phone while on‐call and be available to work evenings and occasional weekends as required and to travel to other client locations as needed
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines while being detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, driven, ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in various environments; during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.