Achieve financial and sales goals, providing quality customer service, and working with and supporting Allied Universal Higher Education business dividion. Establish, develop and maintain business relationships in order to generate new business and retain current clients. Target specific Higher Education prospects as assigned. Work closely with the Vertical Team, VPBD’s, BDM’s & Operations Team to penetrate assigned Higher Education prospects and guide pursuit teams as needed to generate new business. Be the “Vertical SMS” regionally and nationally with regard to the Higher Education team.
- Successfully meet and/or exceed sales expectations through execution of Allied Universals sales map and processes:
- Assist the team in assuring the overall business success of the Vertical and Allied Universal
- Work with the organization to develop and execute annual business plan / strategy / client retention goals.
- Development and maintain prospect lists
- Drive growth and expansion of the Higher Education vertical by identifying prospects and working with VPBD’s and BDM’s to form a consultative relationship that results in maximized sales growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and market share for Allied Universal.
- Meet assigned annual sales booking target based on new client sales booked by the VPBD’s and BDM’s you actively work with on a prospect and/or proposal.
- Assist on all proposals assigned to guide and ensure that the proposal has properly and accurately respond to the RFI or RFP and SOW.
- Direct and consult with BDMs for lead generation to establish face-to-face appointments and determine prospect qualification & buying cycle.
- Establish, develop and foster quality relationships with potential and existing clients to distinguish Allied Universal from competitors.
- Network, attend and get actively involved in associations specific to the Higher Educaiton vertical in order to build the Allied Universal brand and create a continuous local presence, as well as consult with BDMs on their networking activities.
- Take a prominent role in in assisting VPBD’s and BDMs with proposal strategy and preparation.
- Take a leadership role in the creation and execution of assigned business plan goals for the Higher Education Vertical to include the following:
- Responsible for updating CRM record with all communication and/or information that occurs between Higher Education Manager and client/prospect.
- Maintain a pipeline pertaining to the Higher Education vertical to include short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities.
- Play a critical role in the overall success of the Higher Education Vertical through a consistent focus on key longer sales-cycle:
- Establish strong relationships with key Allied Universal personnel
- Portfolio management of Higher Education clients as assigned.
Be an important resource to the VPBD’s, BDM’s and LDR’s by assisting with:
- Penetration of specific geographies
- Proposal preparation for Higher Education opportunities as needed
- Event coordination as needed (i.e. speaker series)
- Serve as a role model and leader for the Higher Education Vertical
Other requirements or competencies:
- Five years’ experience in outside sales in a business to business service environment. (documentation of sales success required)
- Excellent oral communication, writing skills (including the ability to compose persuasive proposals) and mathematics.
- Ability to self-manage and be responsive to multitask requests and time management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Windows-based computers and peripheral equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully utilize CRM software to drive sales (SalesForce.com, ACT, Gold Mine, Upshot, Diebold etc…)
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees follows directions, work under stress and continuously improve.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform multiple tasks in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Reliable, appropriate transportation to visit clients and potential clients.