Global Security Operations Center Manager needed in Whithouse Station, NJ
- Provide 24x7 supervision of the GSOC and its staff of operators and analysts.
- Establish and maintain Operational SOP’s in support of the GSOC.
- Establish and maintain training plans and conduct quarterly training of the GSOC staff; establish a development program to foster professional advancement of the GSOC staff.
- Ensure serviceability and accountability of all GSOC equipment and software.
- Extensive knowledge of access control systems, CCTV operation and maintenance of electronic security systems.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the use of the internet, open source searches, human intelligence gathering, email, word processing, database programs and specialized software systems.
- Coordinate efforts as required to ensure that overall Global Security mission is achieved.
- Incident management and appropriate escalation of incidents to senior leadership.
- Responsible for maintaining specific awareness of domestic and international risks.
- Selection and management of contracted staff, providing leadership and guidance, critically reviewing work product and invoices submitted.
- Create and manage work scheduling of contractors to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Global incident reporting
- Conduct critical research related to global events that could potentially impact the firm.
- Create specialized reports and develop a metrics program
- Develop a process to audit physical access control systems (PACS).
- Key responsibilities include:
This role, at the direction of the Director, Global Security, leads the operations of a multi-function team based at the Chubb’s Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) in Whitehouse Station, NJ. The GSOC provides critical system monitoring to ensure the continued safety and security of the Chubb’s employees, offices and worldwide assets against threats; e.g. extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, and infrastructure failures. The GSOC Manager is also responsible for assessing domestic and international risk and providing duty of care support for the Chubb’s travelers and operations. The GSOC Manager is responsible for the effective management of the Global Security Operations Center, including its personnel. Specific duties may vary, but the GSOC Manager will be responsible for reporting and conducting routine audits of the GSOC, its personnel, systems and procedures, as well as ensure the effective and timely response to alarms, calls of distress, incidents, intelligence alerts and notification of major incidents to Senior Management.
- BA/BS Degree in an area of study relevant to the position or equivalent experience.
- Five years of operational security experience in corporate environment with multi-facility operations.
- Prior operations center experience in Security, Military or Law Enforcement field
- Ability to conduct training in all areas associated with a GSOC and Crisis Management.
- Minimum four years supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to gather and critically evaluate information and prepare written documents that clearly and concisely identify the issues presented and their proposed resolution.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong business acumen and vendor management experience.
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong reasoning competence to investigate, analyze and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Professional certification in the security field desirable (CPP, PSP, PCI).
Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required;
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
- Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required;
- Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis, and must be accessible by phone or pager 24/7 for emergency response.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports;
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and may drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps on a regular basis. May require periodic running. Must be able to perform these duties in the event of a security or emergency situation and be able to take a leadership role in assisting others to perform these functions;
- The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time;
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift;
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities;
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.