Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company!
You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Under the supervision of the Life Safety Manager, THe Fire Life Safety Technician assists with the administration of the Fire and Life Safety programs as well as the Hazardous Materials Response Program managed by the Life Safety Manger.
1. Assist with the maintenance of Fire Prevention Plans and Emergency Plans for the facilities.
2. Assist the Life Safety Manager in providing fire safety training in the proper building evacuation, fire safety work practices and response to suspected emergencies.
3. Assist the Life Safety Manager in developing and implementing emergency preparedness plans.
4. Assist the Life Safety Manager in providing expertise and assistance in the development of evacuation plans and conducting of evacuation drills as required.
5. Perform Weekly / Monthly and Quarterly inspections as required of Hazmat Response Equipment. Prepare the data base reports, reflecting findings for the Life Safety Manager for approval, maintain all Hazmat program files.
6. Observe Engineering in the testing of all fire pumps, sprinkler systems, smoke and heat detectors, fire alarm systems when directed to do so. Report these results to the Life Safety Manager.
7. In the absence of the Life Safety Manager serve as the liaison with the Client and Senior Security Staff on technical safety and emergency preparedness issues.
8. Assists the Life Safety Manager in development and improvements to general evacuation procedures and assist departments in the development of more specific procedures, Assist as needed with the Impaired Staff Evacuation Program.
9. In the absence of the Life Safety Manger, serve as the AUS liaison in working with stake holder representative in general safety, fire protection and hazardous materials matters.
10. Assist the Life Safety Manager and local authorities with any Investigative work into the cause and origin of all fires which occur on the property as directed by the Life Safety Manager.
11. Assist in the training of AUS staff on topics assigned by the Life Safety Manager.
12. All other duties as assigned by the Life Safety Manager.
Must have an active EMT certification
Must be 21 years of age or older with active drivers license
Hazmat and or firefighter experience preferred
Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.